At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
The Content Marketing Lead will develop, own, and run the content strategy and editorial roadmap for the service provider audience (freelancers and agencies) at Webflow, manage production for their editorial beat of the publication, write and produce original content, research trends and news, consult and inform plans for content distribution, and report on success metrics. This senior lead will work closely and collaboratively with the Director of Content, marketing team leads, and Growth team to deliver a unified strategic approach and best-in-class editorial that drives awareness for the brand and new customer growth.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $148,000-$204,000 for most US locations and $164,000-$226,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Director, Content
As a Content Marketing Lead, you’ll …
- Spearhead and lead the content strategy and editorial roadmap for the service provider (freelancers and agencies) segment of our business, working closely with team leads on full-funnel content marketing campaigns and the Director of Content to ensure a unified strategic approach.
- Serve as in-house content expert for freelance and agency audiences, deeply understanding their challenges, business objectives, and the way they work, to inform content creation.
- Lead and manage production for the service provider editorial beat of our publication, including writing, editing, and supervising freelance writers and agency staff in delivering the highest quality articles, guides, customer stories, and ebook content for our audience and the broader creative community.
- As a senior leader, provide guidance, mentorship, and support to team members, ensuring the team operates effectively and efficiently, supercharging creativity and productivity.
- Serve as executive producer by creating original content and leading the development of multimedia formats such as videos, podcasts, and web experiences that support content strategy goals. Partner with the social media team to bring innovative social-first content to life.
- Research freelancer and agency trends and news, collaborating with internal/external experts, industry influencers, content partners, 3rd party researchers, and other sources to craft relevant perspectives and insights that will fuel a regular cadence of highly informed and data-driven content.
- Drive strategy and execution for content distribution and content partnerships, working alongside channel owners to maximize reach of Webflow’s content.
- Partner with the Growth team to drive organic search traffic and authority of Webflow content for freelancer and agency topics and related product solutions, utilizing keyword research for content optimization and topic/headline ideation.
- Deliver fresh editorial perspectives and bring to life new format opportunities that can drive innovation and experimentation within the segment content strategy — to fuel a best-in-class editorial program.
- Come up with new content series ideas and groundbreaking editorial features (producing from concept to launch) that move the business forward and build Webflow’s reputation and brand. Lead cross-company branded content initiatives.
- Creative direct and partner with design to bring to life all aspects of creative for content and associated content campaign assets.
- Report on success metrics, generating content performance reports and insights, utilizing Amplitude and internal tools to track trends and key results, and to inform ongoing content strategy, learning and iterating with data-informed decisions to continually improve content performance.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Content Marketing Lead if you:
- Have 8+ years of successful content marketing, editorial, and/or creative content experience.
- Have experience producing high-impact written and multimedia content for a fast-growing technology company. From ideation and research to writing, editing, producing, directing creative, and publishing.
- Understand how to produce content for multiple audiences, deliver work at the highest editorial standards, and can make a piece of content more valuable, engaging, and undeniably Webflow.
- Have managed freelancers and agency partners to bring big content ideas to life.
- Can conduct and produce interviews with experts and thought leaders and turn them into various forms of content.
- Have a strong grasp of the zeitgeist of web design, development, design thinking, agency and freelancer life, and AI creative technology. And if you already know how to build in Webflow, that’s awesome too.
- Embrace an analytical approach to content: be able to look at metrics and conversations and figure out what’s working and what opportunities may exist regarding trends, specific keywords, or content knowledge gaps.
- Have experience using a modern CMS (obviously ours is in Webflow, but if you don’t know it we can teach you how to use it).
- Are a self-starter who can work autonomously and have a history of working collaboratively to bring big ideas to life.
- Can wrangle cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality, complex, and multiple-stakeholder creative content projects on time and within budget.
- Are a clear communicator with an excellent command of the English language, grammar, story structure, and expertise in AP and Chicago styles.
- Are highly organized and detail-oriented.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.