ConvertKit is, without a doubt, one of the best email service providers for content creators. But even though it provides a feature-rich service, ConvertKit’s pricing may be out of reach for some creators.
As a result, you may want to consider some of its alternatives and competitors. You can look into various well-known ConvertKit competitors who offer comparable services.
So, in this article, we'll look at the top 10 ConvertKit alternatives and competitors.
beehiiv is a new platform founded in 2021 by Benjamin Hargett and Tyler Denk — former growth employee’ at the famous newsletter company, Morning Brew.
According to the platform's creators, the beehiiv’s primary goal is to help you quickly build, grow, and monetize your newsletter.
beehiiv bills itself as "the most creator-friendly newsletters platform," but it has far more functionality for blogging, landing page creation, and monetization than traditional newsletter software.
The platform functions as a hybrid of a newsletter and a blog. This means you can use it to publish various types of content in the same location.
It probably the most popular Substack alternative right now due to its generous free plan, affordable pricing plans, and great email deliverability rates.
The dashboard is clean and easy to use, and you can easily see the number of active subscribers, the average open rate and the average click rate.
Your signup page can be accessed directly from the dashboard. There is no need to save links or navigate the platform. After logging in, you can access it anytime, making it easy to share anytime you need.
If you want to get an in-depth overview of the platform, you can check out our beehiiv review.
Fun fact: we actually use beehiiv for our own newsletter (and no, they didn’t sponsor us to say that)!
- Import/export content/subscribers — you can upload up to 5,000 subscribers to beehiiv.
- Welcome emails: beehiiv makes it easy to automate welcome emails for new subscribers. Unlike in the case of many competitors, this feature is free.
- Newsletter monetization: Growing your email list is useless if you can't monetize it, and beehiiv has tools in place to help you do that.
- Polls and referral program: Engaging your audience with email polls and incentives to share your newsletter with others.
- Embeddable sign up forms that can be used on an existing website.
- An environment to host your blog posts: This is what sets beehiiv apart from many competitors. It allows users to host their blog posts on the platform. You can quickly edit and publish your blog post, and you don't have to worry about hosting.
MailerLite is a relatively new player in the world of email marketing, and this permeates the tool's design, features, and support.
MailerLite is great for small businesses because of its feature to price ratio. It has a Free Forever plan, but even when you pay, it's less expensive than most email marketing tools.
The Growing Business plan costs $10 for 1,000 subscribers and includes unlimited emails, landing pages, and over 60 modern newsletter templates. Its user-friendly interface makes it an excellent email marketing software for beginners.
MailerLite is ideal for those on a tight budget who need something that can do more than just send newsletters. A landing page editor, contact tagging and segmentation, and automation workflows are some of the features that make it possible to run even complex campaigns.
Aside from its low price, MailerLite is jam-packed with blogger-specific features like WordPress integration, RSS campaigns, and video marketing.
MailerLite is the best choice for anyone just starting with email marketing because of its simple interface, intuitive navigation, and simple email editor.
- You can include various content elements, such as countdown timers, surveys, events, etc.
- Form fields are easily editable, and form submissions are routed to the list of your choice.
- There are options for modifying SEO settings.
- In the case of an event, you can trigger automations such as a follow-up message, welcome series, or reminder email.
Ghost CMS is an open-source blogging platform developed by the nonprofit Ghost Foundation.
Ghost's emphasis on content publishing makes it ideal for websites that host blogs, newsletters, or podcasts. Ghost is excellent for monetizing content memberships.
Ghost is a simple blogging platform. You write articles and decide whether or not to renew your membership. Blogs can also be monetized through affiliate marketing and advertising though ad networks are difficult to use. Many B2B marketing blogs also use Ghost as their CMS to host their blog content.
You can also use Ghost just as a newsletter platform. Alternatively, use it as a hybrid between a blog and a newsletter.
Ghost is a strong platform that enables you to publish stunning content online. It works well for billing subscriptions and can provide income for artists. Posting on this platform will help established creators in particular, as well as bloggers who want to offer exclusive content.
- Beautiful design: Your blog, photography website, or art gallery will all look fantastic on Ghost. You may easily create a website with their templates and design tools that will make your material look professional.
- SEO-friendly: SEO (search engine optimization) makes it simpler for users to find your content. You can increase the number of people who actually view your material by using Ghost.
- Integration with other services: Ghost works with iA Writer, Slack, Twitter, and SoundCloud. It may be used for sharing, inviting visitors to visit your social media pages, and so much more.
Despite the fact that there are numerous ConvertKit competitors, ActiveCampaign stands out as a strong option. It's a sophisticated email marketing platform that allows you to set up any automation you require, and it's available on all ActiveCampaign plans, from sales follow-ups to email segmentation.
ActiveCampaign also provides a powerful sales and CRM solution. This includes machine learning tools and lead scoring features that can help you zero in on your top-performing campaigns.
ConvertKit is adequate for creating simple email sequences. But selecting ActiveCampaign makes more sense if your industry requires the use of complex customer segments and sales funnels.
Because ActiveCampaign has so many features, there will be a learning curve. However, once you've mastered it, you'll be able to create more detailed email campaigns that generate real ROI.
- ConvertKit just lets you segment your email list, whereas ActiveCampaign lets you establish numerous goals to put each subscriber on a distinct path. It also shows how your automation connect, making modifications or updates easier.
- ActiveCampaign offers comprehensive A/B testing. The program lets you test your entire automation sequence and determine a winning campaign.
- ActiveCampaign's CRM tracks sales, speeches, and events. It offers transaction scoring and lead nurturing.
- ActiveCampaign lets you display tailored messages on your site, pop-ups, and text updates and reminders. Facebook advertisements can be used to follow up with clients.
Sendinblue's free plan enables you to automate repetitive tasks and streamline your email marketing efforts. And in many ways, the free plan is superior to, and more inclusive, than some expensive plans other email marketing solutions offer.
First off, the email automation tools from SendinBlue are efficient and effective. You can set up triggers to send emails in response to user actions or occurrences.
Examples of automation include delivering offers based on a customer's purchasing history, giving a customer a gift certificate on their birthday, and reminding them through email when they leave their cart unattended. You can experiment with a variety of alternatives when setting triggers.
The service extends beyond email marketing. It also includes basic CRM (customer relationship management) functionality that can be used to improve your campaigns.
The Sendinblue dashboard is extremely useful for gaining access to complete campaign statistics. It allows you to examine the performance of each individual campaign in great detail.
- Sendinblue's free subscription allows unlimited contacts and 300 emails each day, while ConvertKit's is limited to 1,000.
- Sendinblue makes it easy to send order confirmations and shipment notifications for ecommerce platforms. You can customize library templates.
- Sendinblue goes beyond email marketing to build up SMS campaigns and personalize sender information. Sendinblue's API allows you to customize SMS messages.
- Sendinblue is a free live chat tool for websites. It's not as robust or customized as a dedicated live chat service but a great addition to improving client connection.
Mailchimp is one of the popular ConvertKit alternatives for your brand. Lots of ecommerce stores and SaaS websites use them. This email marketing software will provide you with an easy-to-use email editor to create email newsletters from scratch or to save time by leveraging pre-made email templates.
Mailchimp also has different automation tools that allow you to create automated workflows that are triggered by specific actions. While there are numerous triggers/actions to choose from, the feature may not be very easy to use because the workflow builder is not visual, unlike other tools such as Moosend.
Furthermore, Mailchimp has an advanced A/B Testing tool that allows you to find the winning variations of your campaigns. You can also test your email copy, subject lines, send times, and other aspects. However, a Premium plan is required to use the Multivariate testing functionality.
They also have a great email marketing blog to learn about email marketing strategy and best practices.
- Mailchimp allows you to have multiple sites on one account while ConvertKit requires a separate account for each site.
- It is better suited for ecommerce stores and transactional emails, whereas ConvertKit is more suited for bloggers and content creators.
- You can email up to 2,000 subscribers for free with the entry-level tier.
- The tool's templates are adaptable, allowing you to create structures with 1, 2, or 3 columns with ease.
- Equipped with marketing automation features to personalize the customer journey.
GetResponse is an email marketing app that allows users to create a mailing list and collect data, send e-newsletters, and automate your digital marketing with 'autoresponders' view. You can also easily analyze statistics related to your email campaigns.
The company was founded in Poland in 1998 with the goal of making it simple to send e-newsletters. But rather than being a "conventional" email marketing tool, GetResponse's focus has substantially changed in recent years. The product now seeks to be more of a "all-in-one" ecommerce and internet marketing solution.
As a result, GetResponse now offers a website builder, ecommerce features, chat features, landing page builder, webinar hosting, and automated sales funnels in addition to email marketing features.
- Marketing automation platform: Create a customizable workflow by using filters, actions, and conditions.
- Webinars: Use GetResponse to host webinars with up to 1,000 attendees.
- Landing pages: Create mobile-responsive landing pages with an included image editor and photos from Shutterstock.
- Email marketing: Use GetResponse's email marketing services to segment your audience, send automated blog digests, schedule emails, automate marketing tasks, and send autoresponders and newsletters.
- Paid promotion: Distribute compelling banner and video ads on social media, particularly Facebook and Instagram.
- Conversion funnels: Use list-building funnels, lead magnet funnels, and sales funnels to connect your sales team to your marketing efforts.
8. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is another popular option that is slightly less expensive than ConvertKit. You can use the email drag-and-drop editor to create a variety of campaigns, including RSVPs for your events.
While the email builder is simple to use, it is not ideal if you require a variety of styles to create visually appealing emails. Nonetheless, its ease of use makes it an excellent tool for beginners. When it comes to email automation, you can use the platform to set up autoresponders and automation workflows such as welcome emails to target your audience at the right time. In terms of personalization, the software also provides some basic features to boost engagement.
Aside from that, you can take advantage of the event email campaigns Constant Contact offers. More specifically, event invitations management is ideal for online courses, webinars, podcasts, seminars, and other similar events. You can also use the tool to easily collect registrations and track the performance of your campaign.
Constant Contact features
- Constant Contact features 100 mobile-optimized templates for design novices. Another tool automatically generates a template based on your website's colors and photos.
- Drag-and-drop picture and text fields make editing these templates easy. Users with coding knowledge can design a bespoke email template.
- Constant Contact allows you to add contacts one by one, from a spreadsheet or file, or via Gmail or Outlook (opens in new tab).
- After completing your contact list, you may construct segments to target consumers who haven't opened an email in a while with an offer or update.
- Constant Contact interfaces with Shopify and WooCommerce, allowing you to separate contact lists by client purchases. Customers may shop from their inbox using Constant Contact's ecommerce connection.
HubSpot is the ideal option for companies looking for robust, simple-to-use CRM software, and the platform is accessible to smaller or more start-up companies thanks to the lightweight but very functional free-forever plan.
Through a number of complementary customer care, sales, marketing, and CRM tools from HubSpot, this free package offers a useful platform for managing and maintaining new leads. These can be accessed through a straightforward and user-friendly interface and include dashboard reporting, deal tracking, and pipeline management.
It's important to keep in mind that the free plan has a restricted number of customer service options, so you won't have access to in-app chat or phone help. Additionally, even though HubSpot customers can integrate their accounts with hundreds of third-party applications, some of them do necessitate upgrading to a paying plan.
- HubSpot helps you, monitor, prioritize, and publish essential social media postings.
- With the SEO feature, users may boost their search authority and blog clicks. The feature improves website ranking, content planning, and optimization.
- HubSpot's live chat lets you connect with users in real-time. Live chat lets you resolve client complaints, answer inquiries, and inform them of new products and services.
- HubSpot manages Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google ads within the platform. HubSpot's ad tracking functionality lets you track marketing campaigns in-platform.
- HubSpot's video function improves content and social media updates. The video tool lets you enhance your videos and integrate them in blogs, websites, and social media posts.
- HubSpot helps you publish keyword-rich blogs to boost your search rank. Add a call to action to convert visitors into clients.
AWeber is an email marketing tool that allows you to create a mailing list and collect data for it. You can also create newsletters that can be sent to your list's subscribers and view and analyze statistics related to your email marketing campaigns by using 'autoresponders' to automate your email marketing.
AWeber was founded in 1998, and over 120,000 individuals and online businesses have used the platform for email marketing, according to the company's founder Tom Kulzer.
For each of its tiers, AWeber provides monthly, quarterly, and annual paid plans. The cheapest plan is $19 per month (or $49 per quarter or $149 per year) for up to 500 contacts. To raise the service's capacity to 2,500 users, AWeber charges an additional $10 and an additional $30 to reach 5,000 users.
AWeber features split testing (A/B testing) in addition to email marketing automation. Its "Email Web Analytics" feature also enables you to use your own domain in links that you want to track clicks on, making it simple to keep tabs on product sales.
Additionally, they provide a clever email designer that compiles content, photographs, logos, and brand colors from websites and social media platforms to produce "ready-to-send" email templates.
- Dashboard: The dashboard provides a high-level overview of your AWeber marketing efforts. It displays updates to your subscriber count and email lists.
- Integration and data storage: AWeber can be used to collect and store information about your customers. This information is critical for segmentation, personalization, and implementing trigger emails.
- Segmentation: AWeber's platform includes segmentation tools for creating customer segments based on data stored in the system. Using segments to increase the relevancy of your emails and save money by reducing send volume is a best practice.
So, which email marketing tool is best for you? It is entirely dependent on your requirements and what you are looking for — shocker.
We compared some of the best email newsletter services that are closely related to ConvertKit and hope that it got you a step closer to considering what features you need to grow your business.
Become a smarter marketer for $0.
Get the weekly newsletter keeping thousands of marketers in the loop.
agree to our Terms.