We're building the one-stop shop for creator finances.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
So far we’ve succeeded at taking an early lead in our category thanks to a strong sales effort, events team, and social. As a result, we have amazing brand equity, and even dabbled with lifecycle and content—but lack an engine to put that fuel to use. This is a great opportunity for an analytical storyteller, someone comfortable with the messy nature of themes and language but precise about tracking, reporting, and making key decisions to help us grow.
The Head of Growth Marketing will report directly to the CEO, building the system to position our products, grow our funnels, launch campaigns, and analyze our KPIs so we can scale our reach as we drop our customer acquisition cost.
We’re looking for someone who has the willingness to demonstrate growth and be a scrappy individual contributor for the first few months of starting before scaling and leading a team.
What you'll do:
- Build and experiment with key acquisition funnels (ie. referrals, content) to drive growth for our Card product.
- Establish and track KPIs to drive pipeline and use data-driven insights to continuously refine our approach.
- Create and test the organic and paid channels that target our high-value cohorts.
- Scale and measure personalized content to nurture our relationship with customers throughout their journey.
- Collaborate with Sales to align initiatives, ensuring a smooth handoff of SQLs.
Grow the brand
- Utilize storytelling and insights from the community to craft and iterate our brand story.
- Unlock ways to tell the story broadly, aligning all marketing activities, products, and services around the narrative.
- Understand and nurture our on/offline community through inventive content and events.
Build a team
- After finding traction for growth, build and lead an effective team - attracting, growing, and retaining top talent.
- Use a mix of team members, outside services, and automation to achieve goals.
- Reinforce a culture of curiosity, creativity, risk-taking, and ownership.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of growth marketing experience (preferably in B2C), with 3+ years managing all or part of a marketing team.
- Strong analytical skills, data-focused, and goes deep to ensure quality data decision-making.
- Proven expertise in creating and executing multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs that leverage inbound and outbound tactics
- Experience scaling high growth companies and start-up experience with the ability to navigate a fast-changing environment and build things from the ground up.
- Based in Los Angeles, San Francisco (strong preference) or New York City - we’re a remote team, but creators concentrate on the coasts.
- Experience using: Customer.io, Mode, Amplitude, Webflow, Segment, and Social Media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, and, TikTok).
Nice to have:
- Understanding, passion for, and nuanced view of creators and their economy.
- Knowledge of SQL.
The base salary range for this role is between $150,000-$200,000 base.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
- Flexible and remote work culture
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (or CPP for Canucks)
- Home office and/or co-working allowance
- Health and wellness budget
- Your very own Karat card
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
We’re a distributed team. This is a full-time role open to anyone in North American time zones.
Learn more about Karat and our culture