About the job
We're on a mission to bring transparency and humanity to the hiring process. We believe interviewing should be enlightening, fun and transparent - not a transaction. We're building a first-of-its-kind hiring collaboration platform that puts you - the candidate - in the driver's seat.
We're a team of experienced operators who love to infuse personality into our work. We believe in seeking truth over comfort, results over drama, team wins over individual wins, and operating with extreme transparency and heart. We believe life's too short for boring work.
We're founded by the team behind Resource.io, and as our second startup, everything we do at Guide is designed to be different (and fun).
The Growth Marketing Lead is the resident architect and engineer responsible for building the engine that drives Guide’s growth. As an early-stage company, we’re building out our growth engine from 0 to 1, and you’re excited about the opportunity to get in on the ground floor. You’ll be hands on building and executing in tools, but you’ll also need to set goals and budgets, prioritize initiatives, and report on key metrics to the entire company.
- The Route: Pair with PMM to determine how to appropriately segment growth efforts based on our personas. Own account based marketing & demand gen initiatives (direct lead capture & qualification).
- The Engine: Own channel definition, growth initiatives, tooling and nurturing efforts throughout Guide’s entire funnel including email marketing, marketing automation and lifecycle marketing. Own the marketing tech stack, add tools and make improvements as needed.
- The Oil: Own ABM strategy and campaigns to reach our core audiences, including setting up proper website tracking, landing pages and a/b tests to improve our website’s conversion rate.
- The Gauges: Own marketing analytics, defining KPIs and creating full-funnel dashboards to help measure, optimize and scale our marketing efforts.
- 5+ years of experience owning the strategy, tactics, and tooling across multiple marketing channels, ideally at the 0-1 stage.
- Deep proficiency in 2+ of these areas and working knowledge in the others: Email Marketing, SEO, SEM & Paid, Web & Conversion Rate Optimization, ABM, Partnering with BDRs
- Proven track record owning Marketing Operations at an early stage with little pre-existing infrastructure.
- Highly analytical, metrics-driven and efficiency obsessed. Comfortable with activities that span both ops & demand gen.
- Subject matter expert on the latest martech tooling, specifically analytics and automation.
- Excited by ambiguity and autonomy with a GTM motion being built as the car races around the track.
- Prior success building a sales-led marketing machine with strong excitement about transitioning to a hybrid-PLG engine over time.
- Proven success managing strategy across multiple growth channels and reporting on growth metrics to leadership.
PROMPTS! Rapid responses, have fun with this!
- What motivates me:
- How I maintain energy, recharge, and/or stay motivated:
- What people often misunderstand about me:
- How to best communicate with me:
- What I don’t have patience for: